Monday, February 10, 2014

Because sometimes you just have to be thankful and shit.

There are times in my life when I need to take note of some things I’m thankful for.

This is one of those times.

Because sometimes I need to remind myself things could be worse.

I could be that Duggar mom with 47 kids. I’m not. I only have two kids, so thank god for that.

I could have gluten intolerance and lactose intolerance. Turns out I’m only intolerant of stupid people so things could be worse.

The Big Mac I ate at 3am this morning could’ve given me the shits, but it only turned to a rock in my gut and gave me heartburn, so WIN WIN.

We’ve had almost 70 inches of snow here this year. It’s only February 9th. There’s nothing good about that. I don’t know how this even made my thankful list.

My dog could’ve eaten some of my furniture, my computer charging cord for the second time or irreplaceable items like photos of my grandparents or my father-in-law’s bronzed baby shoes, but luckily she decided, instead, to only eat two boxes of Little Debbie Zebra cakes, two gloves, a wooden back scratcher, two loaves of banana bread, the nose off of a stuffed animal and a canvas tote we use for hauling wood into the house.

And thanks to my kids and dogs I don't have to worry about having nice things to worry about.



3 comments:

  1. Ok I'm going to stop complaining about the 13 inches of snow we have immediately. Holy crap!!! And your dog - you feed it food, right? Ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is funny as hell!!! OMG I have a goat dog too----he ate an entire blog post I wrote once (yes, I am a dinosaur who writes stuff out first on a legal yellow note pad). He also eats hs own poop and then tries o give us doggy kisses…but I won't go there….

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny! I frequently complain on my blog, but sometimes, you do just have to recognize how thankful you are! :) I'm not going to make it a habit though. ;) I would be TICKED about my dog eating my back scratcher!! That's one of my most favorite things in this world. Stopping by from SITS share fest

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a link to your latest blog post with your comment!