Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Moms VS. Award Season-Who are YOU wearing?


sawardsea

It's award season, and everybody wants to know who's wearing who.

[honestly, I didn't realize there was a season for this]

[honestly I don't care what celebrities are wearing]

BUT...

Some blogger friends decided to share what moms wear.

And I do care about that because seeing all of them in their mom clothes makes me feel better about this:


Despite my appearance, I did take a shower today.

I even went to the store. 

Of course I did wear a bra, dropped the robe and opted for a pair of jeans and real shoes for my public appearance.


YOU can have this look! 
It can be tricky, but with a little effort it can be done.

First, any old stocking hat will do. This one has been my favorite for years, although my collection is vast I think this one really flatters the shape of my head and really brings out my eyes.
I know you can't tell from the photo, but this white shirt is actually art in motion.  Because that is not a macaroni and cheese mouth print stain on my belly from my messy mouthed kid hugging me...it's art. In motion. 
This extraordinary robe is extra warm thanks to layers of cat hair and lint.
Sweat pants are a must...rip in the side from teething puppy is not a must, but does add character.


Wool argyle socks and crocs complete the look!
BaBAAM! There you go!


It's a Blog Hop! 
Share your self portraits with us! We want to know what you're wearing! If you don't have a blog, take a pic, tweet it, put it on instagram, share it with us!
Click Here to Enter!


Even if you have nothing to SHARE, please click the link and hop around to see what other moms are wearing!

18 comments:

  1. I love it! I have your very look except my robe is pink. I so want to show my husband all of these photos so he knows I'm not the only person who dresses this way at home. Bonus points to you for matching socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Jean! And I am definitely showing my husband all of these picks...even though I don't think he will change his opinion of my frumpiness at least I know I'm in great company!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome. I love the mixed-art mumu look. In other news, I love your tag line. YES, I say. YES! Thanks for linking up with us. This has been so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome look, hilarious post and ketchup is the new art in motion. And red carpet. Ketchup wins. LOVED. Thank you so much for linking up and giving me a great laugh this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look is fabulous. I can't do the crocs though but I do walk around in slippers when I'm indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristi - Finding NineeJanuary 30, 2014 at 6:03 PM

    You rock the mom look and yeah, mac and cheese stains are the new It Thing. It's true! We look fairly similar, except I just go barefoot. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kristi! Up here in the back woods of Michigan I need my wool socks! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Amber! I used to do slippers, but the crocs have proven to be more practical-I can step right in cat puke and it washes off in 2 seconds! Ok, in all seriousness-they are squishy and comfy and give me some arch support...but I never leave the house wearing them. Ok, maybe once...but not on purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping! This blog hop has been awesome fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, this has been a blast! Thanks Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha I love it and thanks for sharing I think this is what I will be wearing tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's all about the excitement with which we wear it…. and you are rocking it! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cinnamon BrissetteMarch 12, 2014 at 9:27 AM

    LOVE IT!!! And you are rocking it, for sure!! Another snow day and my office actually closed, so I am enjoying catching up with you here. Keep 'em coming!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a link to your latest blog post with your comment!